With HUD’s increased focus on energy conservation and green asset management, Public Housing Authorities are being asked to complete a Green Physical Needs Assessment (GPNA) once every five years for each of their public housing developments—regardless of number of units—and then update it annually. (GPNA replaces the Property Needs Assessment and an Energy Audit requirement.)
EMG is the go-to resource for PHA Directors of Modernization nationwide because we’ve been involved with HUD’s GPNA proposal from the beginning. Our team sat on the board during its creation and development, and performed 50% of the beta tests across the nation. HUD is not just familiar with our GPNA reports; they use them as sample reports and even enlisted EMG to perform GPNA Training.
We invite you to read these GPNA case studies.
Some of the key benefits of an EMG GPNA are:
- Deep familiarity with HUD and the GPNA rule.
- All parts of the GPNA are performed in-house.
- EMG understands Section 3 participation.
- Our proprietary AssetCALC™ software provides the ability
to look at every single development in one database.
- AssetCALC™ data uploads directly into the GPNA Webtool.
- Understanding of HUD’s requirements beyond the GPNA, including:
- – The need for LEED professionals and credentialed energy auditors.
- – The requirement to include accessibility in the discussion.
EMG provides services across the real estate life cycle, including:
- Accessibility assessments and third-party monitoring
- Architectural & Engineering Consulting
- Energy Studies
- Environmental Assessments
- Construction Management
EMG goes above and beyond: Every Client. Every Project. Every Time.
EMG is reliable, accurate, timely, and experienced—with a track record of over a million managed and completed projects across all 50 states. Since 1986, our team of environmental consultants, architects, engineers, and project managers has provided thousands of highly satisfied clients with services around the life cycle of their facilities: from engineering and environmental assessments upon acquisition or financing, to capital planning, to program and project management. EMG is committed to getting your job done right, a promise we fulfill with unparalleled real estate experience, best-in-class processes and technologies, and a client focus that consistently exceeds expectations.